Sunday, June 24, 2007

A Day at the Zoo

We wanted to do something fun on Saturday, so we met Jer & Erin and the Bens up at the zoo. Sam's mom, of course, had to come too & see all of the cute things her grandkids do. :O) We had a blast, but the morning started out traumatically. We stopped at Walmart on the way up to buy snacks & sunglasses. When we got all the way up to the zoo, I realized that my wallet was gone! I had tons of $ in there, plus all my credit cards. Needless to say, I was a little upset. Sam almost drove all the way back, but we called Walmart 3 times, and they finally found it. Whew! Other than that, the day was wonderful, though!


This gorilla was so awesome! He was just laying down sleeping when we came up to the glass. Then, he got up & came to the window & looked right at us. It was kind of freaky to have him just on the other side of the glass!


I was so excited to see the Albino Alligator & the new tiger exhibit. They were so cool!

This monkey was so funny! He was swinging by his tail & pushing off of the fence to give himself momentum!


I think we tuckered Hollie right out! She took a little nap on the train. Unfortunately, it didn't last for long.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Looks like tons of fun. I love the last one. She looks so peaceful!

mommyoffour said...

i love the pic of you holding Hollie (she is standing on the fence next to you). You look adorable and she looks so grown up! when did that happen?!?

mommyoffour said...

plus, I LOVE her little toes - I could just kiss them! I have a thing with baby toes, I think they are irresistable! :)