Thursday, April 12, 2007

We love you, Stryder!

It's been kind of a sad week for us. For the past couple of months, Sam & I have been stewing over what to do about Stryder. He is the sweetest dog, but he's just so big. We've been really worried about what will happen when Hollie starts crawling. I know he wouldn't mean to, but he's bound to hurt her. Heck, his tail is a lethal weapon, let alone how much he weighs. If he sat on her, there'd be nothing left! Plus, I don't particularly want to vacuum the whole house every single day so that she doesn't get any dog hair on her. So, we finally came to the decision that it would be best to find Stryder a new family. When we told Sam's family, his brothers said, "We want him!" So, he went to live with the boys. At least we can still visit him. Our house has seemed very empty the past few days, though. Snoopy has missed her little buddy. She's been looking for him. She has had tons of energy now that she's not running away from Ryder all day, however. :O) I'm really going to miss the way he'd come rest his head on us when we're laying on the couch. I know it was the right decision, but it is still hard. So, this is just a little tribute to such a wonderful dog. We love you Ryder Boy!

When you look at this cute little puppy, you would have no idea that he was going to grow into a 120 pound moose that thinks he's a lap dog.

5 comments:

Jer, Er and kids said...

I know it is tough but Dano and Matt will love him, even if Dad pretends he doesn't we all know the truth!

mommyoffour said...

Oh, so sad! I am glad that you will still get to see him though! As you know, I had such a hard time saying good-by to our doggie and we only had him for two weeks! It sounds like you made a good decision though!

Jen said...

Yes I still definately want to hang out saturday. When is a good time for you?

Jen said...

Oh yeah, update your blog terd! J/K but seriously do cause D man wants to see pics of his future bride!

Samantha said...

I know, I know. Nothing exciting has happened this week. We're going swimming this weekend, though, so I'll post some then. Isn't your brother's wedding is this weekend? So, you guys are coming over a week from Saturday, right?