Sunday, December 23, 2007

Gratitude.

Feeling very grateful today. I've been having a bit of a rough go. Don't want to get into the details, but I guess I could say I've felt like I was in a hole. A big giant sucky hole. Trying to dig myself out, but for every shovelful I get out, someone throws 4 more back in. Not feeling that way now, even though nothing changed but my heart. As I was praying this morning, I realized that I was tired of hearing my own complaints. That's pretty sad when you get tired of hearing your own issues. It was then that I decided that I wasn't going to say or think anything negative for the rest of the day. And the most miraculous thing happened - instead of feeling overwhelmed, I'm feeling grateful. Grateful for the chance to work alongside my hubby in the kitchen. Just plain grateful for him. Grateful for my Hollie. Grateful for my Savior & his birth. Grateful that I know He lives. Grateful for my grandma. We had a fancy turkey dinner tonight with just the three of us. I loved using a combination of my Grandma's china & the china she gave us for our wedding. Kind of missing her, as I always do around Christmas. But also feeling grateful that she is such a big part of who I am. So, like I said, feeling very grateful today. I have too many blessings to even count, but it feels good to try.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So sorry you have had a rough patch. It seems I have those all to often. Glad to hear you are climbing your way out into the sunshine again. Thanks for sharing...if you ever need anything...