Like you, Les, this is also my first time being tagged. I asked Sam what was something quirky about me. He replied with, "Everything about you is quirky." Thanks, dear. Here are a few of the weird things that make me, me.
1. I get absolutely giddy in the fall when I get to pick out pumpkins. If anyone has seen my porch in the fall, they can attest to the fact that I LOVE pumpkins. It's one of my favorite seasons (actually, I like them all, except winter). The one thing I don’t like about the fall? Dressing up for Halloween. I’ve always hated it. I think it’s because of the stupid parades in grade school. They ruined me. :O)
2. I love, love, love to clean my house. Especially vacuuming. My favorite thing to do when I have a free day is to spend all morning deep cleaning my house, then enjoy a spotless house the rest of the day. The weird thing is, I was a total slob in high school. More often than not, you couldn’t even see my bedroom floor. It drove my poor Mom crazy. I also couldn’t cook to save my life in high school. My brothers knew me best for the bagel pizza I set on fire (fyi: a microwave oven & toaster oven are NOT the same thing) & my famous baking soda cookies (they call for 1 tsp of baking soda, not 1 cup). Then, the weirdest thing happened. I got married and decided I love to cook & can’t stand a messy house. It’s amazing how you can change.
3. I am a total night owl. I love to stay up until 2 or 3. But only when I don’t have to get up early the next morning. Boy Sam is only just seeing this side of me. I’ve worked full time ever since we’ve been married & have had to get up at the crack of dawn to get to work. Since I’ve been home, though, I've been staying up later than he does. If you know Sam, you understand what a shock that is!
4. I can quote my favorite movie, The Little Mermaid, word for word. The whole thing, every last syllable. My mother can attest to this. She’s seen me do it.
5. Sam wanted me to add this one. I have “sporadic dance moments,” as he calls them. When a song comes on that hits me right, I dance like a total spaz. I pretty much look like an idiot, since I can't dance, but it sure is fun. I used to do this with Jesse, but I’ve been flying solo since he left in December.
6. I can shoot carrots out of my nose. Yes, you read that one right. I have an enlarged nasal passage & sometimes get food stuck in my nose when I eat. The only way to get it out, is to blow it into a tissue. Yeah, it's gross. The worst was Chili’s boneless buffalo wings. They burn.
7. It drives me batty when someone touches my hair. When Sam hugs me, I have to have my arms on top so my hair doesn’t get smashed. This is quite embarrassing to admit, but it’s the truth.
8. Most people know this one, but I had to include it any way. I am totally OCD about my “To Do” list. I have one almost every single day. And if I do something that’s not on the list, I write it on there just to cross it off. I'm just happiest when I feel productive. The other weird thing, though, is that my list has to be pretty. Odd, I know. If I mess up, or don’t like the way my hand-writing looks, I re-write the whole darn thing. My friends at work used to get such a kick out of writing on my calendar & to do list.
Well, I hope you enjoyed. I really should be working, but this was much more fun. There are only 5 of my blogger buddies that haven't been tagged already. So, here you go guys. What are 8 weird things about you?
Mom (would you like me to type yours up for you? j/k j/k =}