Sunday, January 4, 2009

Emotions.

I can't believe the whole Christmas season has come & gone. I'm leaving my tree up for a while in defiance of the calendar. I'm not quite ready to let it go. I love this time of year. I love it even more now that I have my own Christmas baby. It was an amazing time of year to bring new life into this world. Unfortunately, this year, we had to watch a loved one leave it.

On the 26th of December, Samuel's cousin's husband was killed in a tragic gun accident. Jason was only 27 years old and was an exemplary young man. He loved this gospel & loved his Savior. I have no doubt in my mind that this was Heavenly Father's plan. It has been very emotional for the whole family, nonetheless. I am so grateful for the reminder it has been, however. Jason's life has inspired me. I want to live better. I want to be better. And I want to draw closer to my Savior. With all that, and Jesse coming home on the 20th, I didn't even get neighbor gifts out or send Christmas cards (Dear friends & family, We still love you. XOXO, Us). We have found some time to be home & just be together. I am so grateful for the joy there is to be found in every single day. I hope you all found joy this Christmas season.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so sorry to hear about Sams cousin. That is horrible. Hollie looks so grown up in these pics. she is darling.I am glad you can look at the possitive things in life during a time of tradegy.  Our prayers will be with your family during this time.

Tammy said...

We are leaving up our tree for a bit longer too. Josh would love it if I just left it up all year. He loves the tree. I have to admit that I do to. I am glad that we have been able to spend time with you during all the busy days! New Years was fun!